Saturday, March 6, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie


While I was growing up "Swanson's" Chicken Pot Pies were always a treat in our house.I guess it was the individual pies that warmed my heart, and Mama always made extra for those who were really hungry. It's funny what we remember but those pies were always my favorite and required little effort of my Mama's part.
Once and awhile, I too, like to buy a pot pie in the grocery store. I buy "Willows", the big one, that only has white meat; and I buy a package of mixed vegetables. I cook the pie which is filled with delicious broth and thick pieces of white meat. I cook the vegetables and just before serving put the vegetables in a large individual bowl, and add the pie mixture making sure the delicious crust is on top. Give yourself a break and try this, it is so good.... and so easy for those hectic busy nights.
Small pie 5.99
Large 11.99
And they are all natural!

No comments:

Post a Comment