Sunday, January 31, 2010

Betty's Banana Bread


Got a couple of old bananas around? Don't throw them away, Betty would tell you that's wasteful, so make a banana bread. The aroma from your oven will make you happy, knowing something yummy and delicious is just waiting for young mouths to consume. Mama liked cream cheese on her banana bread but I like mine with nice soft butter. Yummy!

1 egg
1 cup of sugar
2-3 mashed bananas
1/4 cup of oil
1 cup and 1/2 cup of white flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teasoon of baking soda(very important)

Combined all ingredients in a large bowl, oil or spray your loaf pan and bake for 1 hour at 350.
Insert toothpick after 45 minutes to see if it is done, if it comes out wet it is not done, when it comes out dry it is!
My son Douglas loved my Mama's banana bread and I repeated the recipe hundreds of times since he was a little boy. He makes it better than I do now,well he's a chef now so that is to be expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment